Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sad for Bangkok




As much as I don't want to post bad stuff here in my blog, I just want to express my sadness over what happened to one of my favourite cities. Bangkok is beautiful. But political protests and violence has ruined the city. Several buildings were burned yesterday, one of them Central World, Southeast Asia's second largest department store. You can see a video of it burning above. 


Here are some pictures of Central World that I took during my trip last year. 

The street in front of the mall used to look like this before the Red Shirts closed it off.


Got this pic from the website.  


I hope Thailand recovers after this and resolves its issues. The country has so much potential. When all of this is over, I will gladly go and visit Bangkok again. 

No comments: