Monday, July 5, 2010

A must watch - Beautiful Islands



Being a travelbug makes you appreciate the Earth more.  After seeing some of the natural and man-made wonders our world has to offer, I told myself to make an effort to save our planet even in my own small way.  


This movie caught my attention because it focuses on 3 islands that are already sinking because of global warming --Tuvalu in the South Pacific, Venice in Italy and Shishmaref in Alaska. It features mainly the people who live on the islands, their peaceful lives, festivals and traditions, as well as beautiful landscapes, all in danger of being wiped out once the sea water rolls in. The director, Kana Tomoko intentionally did not put any narration or music in the film in order for viewers to be more enmeshed into the island life.    


I don't know when they are showing this film in the country where I live (or probably on DVD). But I definitely want to watch it. 


Our world is such wonderful place.  I'm very thankful that I'm lucky enough to have the means to travel and see so much of our beautiful planet. But if we keep up our destructive habits, there, eventually, won't be anything to see. So let's do our part and take care of our Earth.  



No comments: